Since the creation of Money In The Bank back in 2010 (The PPV Not The Match Itself) it has constantly been one of the better WWE shows of the year mainly due to the level of workers they put into the two ladder matches. This year while being a good show was the weakest of the Money In The Bank shows. Something about it lacked something the others had that made them great shows.
Pre-Show The Shield defeated The Usos: This was the best pre-show match WWE had done since they began doing them last year. The Shield retained the belts after Reigns hit the spear on Jimmy Uso. Even though they seem to be taking the Usos more serious now I still can’t dig them .Sure they are good workers but they have the stigma of jobber on them that its going to take more than a month of an apparent push to make them seem important enough to go against the Shield. But Id rather The Usos than The Two Fat Fucks.
1: Smackdown Money In The Bank: Damien Sandow won the Smackdown match which was a huge shock. With who WWE had in this match I figured it was a shoe in for Ambrose to win the match as he has been the only guy who has been positioned as a star in the last 6 months unlike the rest of the people in this match. Sandow spent the match laid out while Ambrose was the standout here in my mind. The Usos and Shield brawled outside with Cesaro, Swagger, Barrett and Fandango. Ambrose did a bump off a ladder which had been pushed by Rhodes and dove onto the brawling wrestlers. Rhodes went to win the briefcase but Sandow came to life and shoved his “friend” off of the ladder to claim the case.
Maddox came out as the new RAW GM. He went on about giving Vickie a role on the pre-show. He showed a video package featuring all of Vickies humilating moments which must of made Vince and Hunter hard and Stephanie wet. He then tried to get the crowd to chant “Thank You Vickie” which no one did while a few chanted You’ve Been Fired instead. This really should of been on RAW on Monday and not a PPV that people paid money for.
(2) Curtis Axel defeated The Miz: They had an average match. Axel is just ok in the ring and The Miz is still as awful as ever. No one cared at all for this and why would they care. Miz acted like Heyman hit him and sold being knocked out so Heyman was escorted to the back. Axel hit a neckbreaker into a Face plant to retain the title.
(3) AJ defeated Kaitlyn: Last month they had one of the better Womens matches in recent years and well this month we got something worse. The match essentially was AJ working over Kaitlyn’s shoulder. Kaitlyn hit a spear but he shoulder didn’t allow her to get the pin. AJ applied the black widow and held it in until Kaitlyn submitted. Worst match of the night.
(4) Ryback defeated Chris Jericho: This was ok. Ryback won with a roll up which was weak. Jericho is a guy who will put guys over and not bitch about it. So why wouldn’t they let Ryback use his finisher to beat Jericho. Well at one point Jericho hit the codebreaker on Ryback who was on the ring apron which led to a countout tease.
(5) Alberto Del Rio defeated Dolph Ziggler: This was great until the obvious DQ finish. When AJ said on RAW she would be in Dolphs corner on Monday I knew right then and there shes gonna fuck over Ziggler at the PPV. Sure enough AJ fucked over Ziggler. Dolph had Del Rios superkick reversed and then AJ hit Del Rio with the belt leading to the DQ finish. What a shitty manager/girlfriend AJ is. I guess this is to officially break off Ziggler and AJ going forward.
(6) John Cena defeated Mark Henry: Considering who was in this match is was ok. Henry dominated Cena with his power moves. Cena tried to hit the AA but he couldn’t. Cena finally hit an AA but Henry kicked out. Cena then had the “The Fuck Do I Do Now” look after Henry kicked out the AA. Henry hit the WSS but Cena kicked out. Cena went for the STF but Henry got the ropes. Henry went for a second WSS but Cena reversed it into the STF to get the win. WWE did a good job of keeping Henry strong in this match and not just having Cena kill him easily.
(6) Raw Money In The Bank Won By Randy Orton: WHY IN THE HELL DID RANDY ORTON WIN THIS MATCH. Im sorry but Randy Orton does not need the briefcase I mean hes a 9 time world champion and this is some serious Bullshit by WWE. RVD made his return here for his first WWE match since the 2009 Royal Rumble. Orton pretty much won cos he was the last man standing. Bryan went for the case but Axel came out and attacked him for whatever reason. Punk then went for the case but Heyman attacked him which breaks them up going into the Brock feud for Summerslam. Still the Orton win pisses me off as it may lead to another run of matches with Cena which no one needs to see again.